WHO CAN BECOME A MEMBER OF OncANP?
The OncANP is a membership organization open to all current naturopathic medical students and licensed NDs, most of whom are general family health providers who see a handful of cancer patients as part of their practice. In order to become a member, you simply need to have graduated from a CNME-approved naturopathic school and hold a current naturopathic medical license.
There is also a second aspect to our membership that commonly gets confused with becoming a regular member. We have created a process by which to become board certified in naturopathic oncology, termed FABNO (Fellow to the American Board of Naturopathic Oncology). This specialized portion of our membership is meant only for those members who focus a majority of their practice on oncology. In other words, those practitioners who have at least 65% of their practice made up of oncology patients. In order to qualify for this portion you must first be an OncANP member, and then fill out an application form, present case studies and pass an exam. This exam process happens every 18 months.
WHY BECOME A MEMBER OF OncANP?
The OncANP is poised to lead the growing swell of interest in, and knowledge of, the practice of naturopathic oncology. An increasing number of consumers and practitioners look to the OncANP to set the standard for the way non-conventional and integrative oncology is practiced. Thus, it is imperative that the OncANP responsibly and diligently promote the practice of naturopathic oncology in an effective way. The OncANP is defined by its membership and only through membership will the OncANP gain the strength, momentum, and resources necessary to accomplish its goals. When you become a member of the OncANP, you will join a community of colleagues committed to the growth and development of naturopathic oncology and its integration into cancer care. As more cancer centers realize the benefits of naturopathic intervention, they will seek a properly credentialed naturopathic doctor-such as Fellow to ABNO (FABNO; American Board of Naturopathic Oncology, the board certification arm of the OncANP). Your membership dues and participation in the OncANP will help the OncANP reach its goals.
Benefits to OncANP Membership for NDs Include (but are not limited to):
- eligibility for board certification;
- access to bi-monthly webinars and webinar archives
- access to KNOW research database;
- access to Members Only portion of OncANP website which includes resources such as residency toolkit, principles of care, “what is naturopathic oncology” powerpoint and handout for you to customize if you need to give a presentation in your community, etc.
- a free listing on the OncANP website as a naturopathic physician who sees cancer patients.
- ability to cast a vote for and/or become a member of the Board of Directors
- ability to participate in one or more of the committees of the OncANP
- access to online members-only naturopathic oncology chat group
- discount on OncANP annual conference
STUDENT MEMBERS: Benefits Include: 2, 3, 4, 7, 8 (view only), 9
ALLIED MEMBERS: Benefits Include: 2, 3, 7, 9