We are very excited to be hosting our 7th Annual OncANP Naturopathic Oncology Conference at the Phoenix Marriott Tempe at The Buttes in Tempe Arizona, February 16-18, 2018
All reservations need to be made directly by individual attendees. The easiest way is to book online. Group Reservations will be open in July 2016.
The Oncology Association of Naturopathic Physicians (OncANP) has opened a Call for Abstracts from individuals interested in presenting at the Association’s 7th Annual Naturopathic Oncology Conference. The conference will take place Friday-Sunday, February 16th-18th, 2018 at the Marriott Buttes in Tempe, Arizona.
Submissions are due by Friday, August 25th, 2017 at 9pm PDT/11:59pm EDT – no exceptions.
All abstracts must be submitted online through our submission form by CLICKING HERE . ***Please note that online submissions must be submitted in one session, so it is recommended that you have a working document that you can save and go back to if you are not prepared to complete everything at once.
Below are the full criteria for abstract submission – click here for PDF version of submission criteria
The OncANP will consider presentations that will advance the practice of naturopathic oncology and that will have clinical relevance to naturopathic practitioners in daily practice. A significant portion of each lecture should include the clinical application of the knowledge presented. This may include case presentations, clinical pearls, and/or practical skills/knowledge that attendees may put into practice on Monday morning.
While we are open to ALL topics related to the practice of naturopathic oncology, these are the areas that have generated the most interest in prior conferences:
- New treatment agents, applications, or strategies
- How to decrease or prevent the side effects or increase the effectiveness of chemotherapy, radiation and other treatments
- Agents (drugs, supplements, vitamins, herbs, diet, lifestyle etc.) with relevance for prevention and/or treatment of cancer.
- Strategies for treating specific cancers
- Ways to enhance patient care – communication, counseling, etc.
The selection committee will evaluate all abstracts. Final speaker selection will be made by September 15th. Lecture powerpoints will be due Dec 1st. All presentations will then undergo peer review prior to conference. Final presentations will be expected to reflect these critiques.
The OncANP Conference Speaker Selection Committee will evaluate the abstracts on the following criteria:
- Value of the learning objectives
- Clarity of thought
- Relevance to clinical practice
- Absence of commercial influence and focus
To be considered as a presenter, please submit the following:
Qualifications for submitting an abstract:
- Individuals must have been a licensed healthcare practitioner for at least 5 years, a medical researcher or, if other, please specify.
- Individuals may not submit more than two (2) abstracts for consideration
Please Provide the Following:
- Speaker Personal Information
- Full Name (with credentials)
- Contact Info (email, phone, website and mailing address)
- Title of Presentation
- Abstract: A summary of your proposed lecture’s content in less than 500 words.
- Learning Objectives: Please provide 3-5 learning objectives for your presentation
- Questions About Your Lecture
- How is this topic relevant to naturopathic oncology?
- What knowledge and clinical skills will attendees gain from this lecture?
- What is your ideal time frame for this lecture?
- Have you lectured on this topic before? (yes/no). If yes, where and when
- Describe the type of resources that you will use as the basis for your presentation. For example, published clinical trial evidence, pre-clinical studies, clinical experience, textbooks, etc.
*Please note: Speakers that are selected from this round will then be required to submit additional information in order to apply for Continuing Education credits and will be asked to sign a speaker contract once selected to present. Details on honorariums and any expense reimbursements will be provided in that contract.
We are so excited to be hosting our 6th Annual OncANP Conference at the Phoenix Marriott Tempe at The Buttes.
Book your group rate for OncANP – COMING JULY 2016
Group Rate: $209
Group Rate Cut Off Date: 1/23/18
Thank you for your interest in exhibiting at the 7th Annual OncANP Conference! Please complete the below application to be considered for our exhibitor space.
For those of you who are returning vendors, you will be contacted by our Executive Assistant, Randi Dixon, to follow up with payment and booth selection.
For those who are new to our conference, please complete the application below, which will then be reviewed by our conference vendor committee to assure that the company is well suited for our audience.