Thank you for your interest in the Oncology Association of Naturopathic Physicians, Inc (OncANP). The OncANP was formed in April 2004 in effort to form a collaboration within the profession. On September 7, 2004 the OncANP became a recognized affiliate of the American Association of Naturopathic Physicians (AANP). Subsequent to the development of the Board of Directors, the mission and vision were established:
Enhanced survival and quality of life for people living with cancer through the integration of naturopathic oncology into cancer care;
To advance the philosophy, science and practice of naturopathic oncology.
The success of the OncANP depends on the future actualization of these through the achievement of our goals:
- BOARD CERTIFICATION: OncANP is creating a board certification process for naturopathic oncology for all eligible naturopathic physicians wishing to achieve Fellow status. Each ND seeking Fellow membership will a) meet clinical requirements necessary for board certification; b) pass an examination; and c) fulfill an annual quota of oncology-related continuing education credits. Continuing education credits from electronic, paper or didactic means will be admissible as long as they meet the criteria of the OncANP Continuing Education committee. The Board Certification body of the OncANP is the American Board of Naturopathic Oncology (ABNO).
- INFORMATION: the OncANP will, via the internet, develop and maintain a repository of information and knowledge regarding naturopathic oncology
- RESEARCH: the OncANP will seek to sanction oncology research within the naturopathic profession. Research will be an ongoing precept of the Association
- CONTINUING EDUCATION: the OncANP will support member knowledge of naturopathic oncology by holding regularly-scheduled tumor board conference calls that will be hosted, recorded and posted for future listening on this website. The OncANP will also offer other educational material on the OncANP website, as well as at the annual AANP convention and other seminars.
- EDUCATION AT OUR SCHOOLS: members of the OncANP education committee will seek to collaborate with oncology instructors at the colleges of naturopathic medicine to support a unified oncology curriculum for students
- COMMUNICATION: we will seek to provide a forum for enhanced communication amoung healthcare providers regarding naturopathic oncology
- INTEGRATION: the OncANP will foster integration of naturopathic oncology into the healthcare system.
The Oncology Association of Naturopathic Physicians, Inc. (OncANP) has two main arms:
- the Oncology Academy of Naturopathic Physicians–the membership body of the OncANP
- the American Board of Naturopathic Oncology–the body which will board certify naturopathic physicians in naturopathic oncology
The Board of Directors of the OncANP are:
- Lise Alschuler, N.D., FABNO, President
- Heather Wright, N.D., FABNO, Vice President
- Dugald Seely, N.D., FABNO, Treasurer
- Jacob Schor, N.D., FABNO, Secretary
- Dave Allderdice, N.D., FABNO
- Katherine Neubauer, N.D., FABNO
- Gurdev Parmar, N.D., FABNO
- Christina Shannon, N.D., FABNO
- Corey Murphy, Executive Director